You have entered Tinseltown, you walk past all three concession stands before arriving at theatre #6. Your nostrils are filled with the aroma of double buttered salted popcorn and diet Coke and your taste buds scream for Skittles and Sour Patch Kids. It’s your lucky day, the nose-picking ten year old with a box full of Junior mints has gone from innocent bystander to safari style prey (too bad he picked the seat next to you). You’ve been CrossFitting four days a week so of course stealing this snot-nose kids candy will be easier than 30 freaking double unders. Even though the common consensus is we are a gym full of super fit people let’s not let our claim to fame be choke holding fourth grade kids out of their box of Junior Mints. (Dramatic emphasis added by the one and only Annie Hoffmeier)
We are talking about the cravings folks. Too bad we don’t crave brussel sprouts and broccoli. Well maybe not too bad but we would be a whole lot healthier if we did. But, here’s the deal, if you are craving food chances are you are missing something significant in the food you are eating. You may be eating food that is too acidic or you need a bit more acid in your food. We all are a bit different though in how we break down food and what works best for us. So we have attached a website that has a chart that will help you with distinguishing cravings. What your craving is really saying, what your body is trying to let you know it needs. The website is listed below.
Click on the blue randomness above to get to the link….
Here are a few more tricks for helping with cravings:
1. Start taking fish oil it’s brilliant for cravings. This is a link to some of the purest fish oil you can buy…it’s what I use and I LOVE IT!!!!
CLICK TO ORDER FISH OIL click products at the top of the page
2. Don’t chew gum all day thinking that it will help the craving go away, it’s only adding too it as you are getting an insulin response from the artificial sweetener in gum.
3. Don’t drink a diet to try and cure it, the artificial stuff is gonna do what the gum does.
4. Make sure you are getting enough water
5. Follow the chart and the info it’s giving you for certain cravings.
Tell us what you have been struggling with the most. Everyone is struggling somewhere let’s help each other out and support the fam.
Front Squat with 2 second pause in bottom:5,3,3,3
Split Jerk: 3,2,1,1,1
Rest 5-10 min
Work on Muscle Ups
Max Strict Pullups
Back Squat 3,2,2,1,1,1
Max Kipping Pullups