The Deadlift is an important lift because it affects and contributes to more than just the deadlift itself. It’s a prerequisite and a component of the world’s fastest lift, the snath, and the world’s most powerful lift, the clean. But the deadlift teaches us a safe and sound approach by which any object should be lifted from the ground. The deadlift contributes to standing, running, jumping, and throwing for functionality. The deadlift can strengthen your body from head to toe and exposes quick and prominent athletic advantage like no other exercise.
- Natural stance with feet under hips
- Hands placed where arms won’t interfere with legs while pulling from the ground
- Shoulders slightly forward of bar
- Abs tight, back flat,
- Arms locked and not pulling
- Shoulders pinned back and down
- Lats and triceps contracted and pressing against one another
- Keep your weight on your heels
- Bar stays close to legs and essentially travels straight up and down
- Shoulders and hips rise at same rate when bar is below the knee
Quote of the Day: “Just enjoy each and every day because your never promised tomorrow” -unknown
30 Clean & Jerks for time:
This time it’s for real!